Jessie’s stepmother, wife of Collin Qwake, and Roe’s Point lighthouse keeper. A resourceful and protective woman. She is shaken by recent events and becomes more cautious in her interactions with others. She is willing to go to great lengths to keep her loved ones safe, but she holds secrets, and surprises, of her own.
- Age: 37
- Profession: Lighthouse keeper, farmer, revolutionary
- Possessions: Her scarf and letters. Bowler or derby hat.
- Philosophy/ Motto: Love is worth fighting for, especially family.
- Nickname: Auri (like Ari), Aurin, Rinda, another name I like is Amity. Amity Qwake. Or Aurilyn, Aurilyn.
Step-mother to Jessie and Lacey Fly. Lonely, determined wife who wants to get her daughter back after a kidnapping five years prior.
Aurinda’s role is to guide Jessie into the dangerous world of Breckon Bore. She wants a sidekick to join her on the journey but also prompts him to take chances and follow his dreams but approach the dangers with wisdom. She’s also the main reason we begin searching in the first place. She has knowledge of a resistance, skills to join the heist, and despises mermaids for their natural resources and The Clerics for their elitism and warmongering.
Black hair and eyes. Native American ancestry (Ojibwe)
- External Motivation (Wants): She wants her true family back together and to hear her husband’s snoring in morning, along with his letters and flowers left throughout the lighthouse grounds. Forget all the disasters, bring back Lacey, keep Jessie safe, and bring back at least the memory of Collin. She wants to turn back time.
- Internal Motivation (Needs): To let go, especially of Jessie. Let him explore and find his own path, endure troubles, potential dangers, and figure them out himself.
- Flaw: Hiding information from her kids. Giving away her first born to pirates for protection.
- Positive Traits: Humourous, adventurous, affectionate, courageous, self-sacrificing, loving
- Negative Traits: Defensive, dishonest with some things, possessive, rebelious, stubborn, sometimes unsupportive
- Quirks and Mannerisms: Making jokes about the dad to cheer up Jessie, reading secret letters, making and touching clothes, constantly having fresh food and beautiful meals, gardening, handywoman
- Fears and Phobias: Bad food and meals, losing her family, mermaids